Tuesday, June 26, 2007

What is the end....What is the beginning?

Good Day!!! Above is a picture that was in my high school yearbook.....like from October 1981.
We were in this club called Y.A.R.C. (I think youth association for retarded citizens???)
Anyway, we went to the achievement center a lot. (this school /workshop for special needs kids/adults) We sponsored different parties and dances for the people. This was a Halloween party.
Leslie and I are in the center being cowgirls I guess. Leslie is one of my very dear friends. I met her in the 7th grade. Through the years of our friendship as teenagers, Leslie was always the level headed person...and I was always the crazy manic person...so we had a good combination which allowed for a lot of fun but never went too over board....well except for the time I threw a glass of water on a motor cycle guy and he chased us all over town and kicked Leslie's parent's car and dented it and I tried to get out of the car to apologize and he wanted to choke me and Leslie had enough common sense not to let me out.
Leslie's spirituality is found in connecting with nature. She started bringing me up to Chautauqua lake with her since the 9th grade and she has such a connection with that lake that it was contagious. She is also a very creative soul....Her tastes are very unique and she can make something out of nothing!!!
She was my maid of Honor.....she married Mark's room mate/friend, Steve. We are still close.....Steve and Leslie have two beautiful kids. Her son Matthew is good friends with Marko. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the poem below....one of my favorites.

Love, Michele

“What we call the beginning is often the end
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
The end is where we start from.”

“We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
Through the unknown, unremembered gate
When the last of earth left to discover is that which was the beginning;
At the source of the longest river
The voice of the hidden waterfall and the children in the apple-tree
Not known, because not looked for but heard, half-heard,
in the stillness between two waves of the sea.”

~ T.S. Elliott, excerpts from Four Quartets: Part IV Little Gidding

No comments: