Saturday, September 25, 2010

Smile!!!









I hope you enjoy Mira's homecoming pictures and the words below.
Namaste,
Michele

What saves me from the tedium of another day is falling hopelessly in love
with the people I meet:
the curly-haired barista at the coffee shop who
hands me my change as if dipping his fingers into holy water;
the girl with Down syndrome who talks loudly about vacationing with her grandmother;
the elderly couple who grow giant buble-gum-colored puffs of dahlias at the
corner of Twelfth and Chambers;
the toddler girl across the street who bleats sweetly, "Mama come see!"

I fall in love with the deep timbre of my brother's laugh;
the way my mother says my name;
the way my father calls me sweetheart;
the way my sweetheart calls me baby.


-- Bobbie Willis

No comments: