Friday, February 4, 2011

No Accidents


My friend, Paul Sherlock wrote the most beautiful letter to his wife that passed over 10 years ago.
You can read it below.
It made me cry and then smile.
Have a great day.
Namaste,
Michele

It has been ten years today since you passed away.
> Hard to imagine that much time has gone by; it is longer than we were married.
> So much has occurred since I last laid eyes on you.
> My life has changed, evolved, radically.
> So much so that the only consistency I count on is, change.
> I live an existence today that I couldn’t have envisioned back those ten years.
> And while I have always been a restless soul, your passing was what sent me on my journey.
> I have no idea where this journey will lead me; but one thing I have learned over the years, is to be more accepting of the events that come up in my path.
> I am grateful for the gift of seeing life with a bit more patience- a perspective I consider one of the hallmark lessons I am to learn in this life. This lesson has been both identified and refined in the crucible of these many changes and challenges I have experienced over these past ten years.
> To see life with patience- to try to observe and act, rather than to see and react, would not have occurred without a reexamining of my life and my priorities your passing stirred within me.
> For that I am grateful.
> It is still numbing to think about how someone so vibrant and full of life as you, could have passed away at such a young age.
> It still leaves a hole.
> But I am patching that hole as best I can, filling it with love.
> A love of life and people that you taught me in my life with you.
> Thank you for the time we had, I still miss you and will love you always.

No comments: