Sunday, March 20, 2011

Social Media




I would like to tell you about something that happened to my daughter this week in hopes that it will make you stop and think. She has an old friend that I think was a bit too obsessed with her that knew her password and has been logging onto her facebook with out her permission. Anyway, I have ordered the records when her account was logged onto and where it was accessed from and they scare me.....she was stalking her...and admitted to doing so but of course blames it on a group of girls...Please do not share your password with ANYONE. This girl read her personal information messages .....esp. ones that I sent to her in private and used them to bully her. It won't happen anymore b/c she knows we know just how often she looked at her site...and she changed her password..just be careful who you share your information with.....and change your password often. I feel very violated b/c I shared some personal information in a private message to my daughter that was shot back at her. I am know she feels very violated too.....not to mention it is against the law!!!
Unauthorized access is a crime, and you should report this to the police and file a report.

1 comment:

Vol-E said...

Facebook has been urging users to put in stronger, unguessable passwords of multiple characters and types. Mine ended up being something like 20 characters before Facebook deemed it "strong." I read recently that the best type of password is not a word but an acronym. Take a favorite song or movie quote and use the first letter of each word in that line, so that, for example, Wtmiit7thh&Jawm would be "When the moon is in the 7th house and Jupiter aligns with Mars." Not only does this maximize your safety on vulnerable sites, but it's FUN to come up with quirky passwords that only you know.