Friday, June 8, 2012

I am very disappointed to hear how my daughter, Macy was treated today. I think this is probably a case of social profiling. As some of you know, Macy likes to go thrift shopping.....I think this probably evolved from her being required to pay for her own clothes.....anyway, she was very much looking forward to going thrift store shopping today with her friends and was very excited to chec...k out a new one for her. It is a store called "Again and Again" on the square in Medina. Macy said she and her friends went shopping in there and the owner followed them around and put the things they touched behind the counter. She made Macy show her hands and claimed she was slipping things in her purse. She said she was going to do inventory tonight and find out what she stole. As they left, they told her never to come back. I am in no way saying my daughter is perfect and does not make mistakes, but I assure you that Macy would never steal....and I would bet my life on it. Mark, Lynn and I returned to the store and with the girls, and all the owner could say was that the girls "look suspicious." I asked her to apologize to them and all she would say is "I am sorry girls, but you look suspicious." She then told me that she was going to do inventory tonight and she would find out what Macy stole. I think the owner has some problems and I don't know what she has faced in her life...perhaps being robbed at gun point or something.....I hope she is able to find peace and trust in her world. .....and what a long strange trip it's been!!!!!!!  do these girls look like thieves?????????



No comments: