Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wayne!!!!

Sooo glad I got to hear him speak on Wednesday....He lifts me up. I have felt lighter all week.!!!!!!

Wayne Dyer tells a story of walking along the beach one day and someone coming up to him and striking up a conversation, saying "Hi. I just moved here from Chicago, Illinois. I was wondering, what are the people like in this neighborhood? Because, where I came from, man, people are hostile and self-centered and always in a rush and it was a dog eat dog city."


Wayne calmly says, "Oh, you'll pretty much find it the same way here."

They respond "Oh, okay," and walk away.

Then, a little further down the shoreline, another person comes over to him and says, "Hi, I just moved here from Podunk, Iowa and I'm new to this area, and I was wondering what the people are like around here. Because, where I came from, everybody was great. So friendly, small town feeling, you could count on your neighbors..."

And Wayne Dyer calmly replies, "Oh, you'll pretty much find it the same way here."

They say,"Thanks," and walk away.

Why did he do that? Because everyone is our mirror and we carry our own reality with us...how we view the world, through our own lens, everywhere we go; and chances were high that the first person would find their new environment just like their last. They would see people through that lens, and the second person would be seeing the good in those she met, creating her reality and carrying it with her to this new place as well.

No comments: