Thursday, December 11, 2008

Peace

a view from our dining room



I saw this letter on the "RIP Jessica Schaffer" page on facebook.
I thought it was beautiful and a good reminder for me.
It is written by the owner of "Sportsworld" on the square.
They make custom shirts, sweartshirts and such for teams etc......
read the note...esp. the last few sentences....It is beautiful.
have a beautiful day.
Namaste,
Michele



Hi Everyone,

I am sending this to you because you all are very important to me.

If you have not heard, a very sweet, sweet young lady lost her life this past weekend. I had the pleasure of knowing Jessica Schaffer - she would stop in to see me here at work, sometimes she'd get shirts made with her brother and boyfriend's racing numbers on them, sometimes to just browse and chat. Jess stopped in on Friday and had something made for her grandfather for Christmas and told me of her plans to follow in his path to Ohio University. Jess has touched the lives of so many. I cannot even express how much I will miss her - she will always be 'my little friend'. Please, I ask each of you to keep this family in your prayers.......It has been very difficult for so many of us, I can't even imagine what her family is going thru. But this has really put things into perspective - there are so many unimportant things in life that we make way too important. Hug your loved ones, tell them you love them EVERY chance you get, never leave or go to bed angry - make sure the last thing you say or do before you/they walk out the door or hang up is something you/they can live with the rest of your/their life. You never know when it will be the last time you see them or they will see you. So if a bed goes unmade or if you've actually forgotten what color carpet is in their room! or they stay up way past their bedtime - this isn't life changing! Let them have fun, live a little yourself! If they run across the furniture, shock them - follow behind! Throw the couch pillows at them! Take a night just to play games - and don't answer the phone! Laugh with each other, laugh at yourself. Have dessert for dinner -.....brownies have most of the daily food requirements in them, just in case have a glass of milk with it!

Life is so short, no one really knows how much time we have here - so live it up!

I wish each and every one of you a very safe and happy holidays!

Sincerely,

Ameena Hoshaw

3 comments:

AutoDT said...

It's often the small things that really matter in life...those things that often go unnoticed...

Namaste to you and family

Cyrus

Michele B said...

Thanks so much Cyrus!!
How are you doing???
I was thinking about you today and you showed up on my blog.
Hope things are going well for you!!
Namaste,
Michele

Lisa said...

What a great reminder! I love this letter!!