Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple


Judy from Seriously amused gave me this award. I feel very honored and so appreciate her comments. Her blog is a lot of fun......you should check it out....she always makes me smile.. :)
So here are the rules! List six things that make you happy. Pass the award on to six bloggers for Kreativ. Link to the blogger who gave you this award. Link to the blogs receiving the award. Notify the recipients.

There are many things that make me happy, just being alive in general makes me smile....but I have put some thought into this and tried to condense things into six main areas....I will try to make this Simple.
I always remember in highschool walking around the halls when we were suppose to be in senior commons studying.......Leslie and I would get things out of the lost and found and act like we volunteered in the office and would deliver friends random things from "their parents."
Well that is what we told the teachers when we knocked on the doors. One teacher, Mr. Delmar Phillips, told his class not to look at me because I was "simple."......(we were making faces in the window.) anyway....I never took being simple as a compliment.....but now I think being "simple" is a compliment......and I try everyday to simplify and make light of my life......so I am dedicating this list of simple happiness to Mr. Delmar Phillips....(RIP)......
May we all be simple!!!!!!!!!!...........

6 things that bring me happiness

1. Mindfulness or Being in the moment-- I feel this feeling of "being here now" mostly during meditation and yoga......but I try to bring the mindfulness to all of my activities....of course it doesn't work a large part of the time......but when I let go and just go with the "now" that is when the magic happens for me.....that is when I feel centered and in connection with all that is....free from attachments of how my ego would like things to be.....and a feeling that everything is perfectly right where it is suppose to be right now.

2. Love -- such a big word and contains so much....really contains all that is.
but Unconditional love from my partner, my kids, my parents,
and friends,my bad dog and especially
self love........the love I feel from them and the love I give really connects me to
joy. That is when I feel my heart chakra open the most......

I also have to post Mark's note...one of his 25 random things...cause it has to be included here in love:
"at the end of the day, my greatest happiness and satisfaction comes from being surrounded by a reasonably functional family that loves one another and understands, appreciates and generates the absurd humor of life. that, and the fact that we love to go camping in our orange 1975 vw westfalia van."

3. Nature -- being surrounded by the great outdoors.......I especially love my walks with our dog, Dusty and camping.....anything where I can commune with our mother earth.

4. Family/friends/human connection --.............I don't have to explain this...you know when you have made that connection of depth with another soul. Being a Gemini with a rising sign of a Gemini....being ruled by Mercury, communication is my passion.


5. Music --........I love to be surrounded by music.......I love to dance at shows and quite often have some kind of music playing......a lot grateful dead music....but any music that has depth...that touches my soul.....

There's one thing about music...when it hits you, you feel no pain.
-Bob Marley

6. Serving -- service to others is probably one of my biggest joys on this earth....especially when it is done anonymously..............one of my biggest highs in life....and one of the best kept secrets of joy...I think. b/c you only can get joy by giving it away!!!

and I can't leave out the last one....so there are 7 things.

7. Creativity....I think that is when we are the most "godlike"....when we are being creative......I celebrate my own creativity....in artwork such as sketching, blogging,and playing the harp, but really love celebrating the creativity of others.......I think we are all artists and all need to create.....whether it is dance, poetry, painting, photography, in movies, books.........the list is endless.

I'd like to present this award to the following:
1) Seriously Amused

2) Cyrus Rumi

3) Fugue

4)
Deciphering Spirituality
5) The Soaring Impulse

6)
Kickin Tina
7)
This is my secret hiding place.

4 comments:

Volly said...

Done. Go read.
:)

AutoDT said...

Thank you so much Michele...nice to feel appreciated:)

Peace and love to you all.

Cyrus

Michele B said...

My pleasure Cyrus!!!

indicaspecies said...

My apologies for late arrival here, and you know the reason why it's been so..I'm back and hope to be a regular in the blogworld again.

Thank you very much for the Award and the kind words Michele. Truly appreciated!