Friday, October 16, 2009

Boxland 09







Pictures by Logan Robertson



Well Mira and her friends survived sleeping in their cardboard boxes last night in 34 degree rainy weather. Mira did say she really appreciates having a warm bed. The kids raised over $4,000.00 to be donated to the Salvation Army. Marko even donated $6.00 of his own allowance to Mira....he says he would do that anytime to get rid of his sister for a night.
Anyway, I am very proud of these kids.....more things like this should be in the media. I hope you enjoy the quote below.
Namaste,

Michele


Load the ship and set out. No one knows for certain whether the vessel will sink or reach the harbor.
Cautious people say, "I'll do nothing until I can be sure".
Merchants know better. If you do nothing, you lose.
Don't be one of those merchants who wont risk the ocean.

-Rumi

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Hi Michele!
What a great experience for Mira and her friends, and wow, that's a wonderful donation. I loved the Rumi quote too!
Have a great weekend!
Kristie

Michele B said...

Thank you so much Kristie.....having a rough day and your note meant a lot.
I am keeping you in my thoughts as you pack up and move on to your next adventure in life!!!
Namaste,
Michele

WaterLearner said...

Nice blog! I admire the spirits of the young ones!

Would definitely visit again!

Namaste!!

Michele B said...

thank you so much for your kind words.
Stop back soon!
Namaste,
Michele