Thursday, October 15, 2009

BRRRRRRRRRRRR


Mira and her friends Katie and Hailey are sleeping in cardboard boxes tonight at the soccer stadium. It is a school project for anyone who wanted to volunteer to help bring awareness to homelessness. It is cold and raining out...and they have to go to school in the morning......I am sure they will never forget this project!!!! I hope you enjoy the quote below from the movie "The Soloist."
Namaste,
Michele


"There are people who tell me I've helped him.
Mental health experts who say that the simple act of being someone's friend can change his brain chemistry, improve his functioning in the world. I can't speak for Mr. Ayers in that regard. Maybe our friendship has helped him, but maybe not. I can, however, speak for myself. I can tell you that by witnessing Mr. Ayers's courage, his humility, his faith in the power of his art, I've learned the dignity of being loyal to something you believe in. Of holding onto it, above all else. Of believing, without question, that it will carry you home."

- From The Soloist

2 comments:

AutoDT said...

Sincere friendship, love and compassion...

Namaste to you:)

Cyrus

Michele B said...

Thank you Cyrus....feels like I haven't been on here in a very long time.
Namaste,
Michele