Thursday, September 15, 2011

Where I Am From






Where I'm From
By Macy Kuhar


I am from a family of five
From Organic food and tie-dye

I am from the brick house with a bright orange garage door and shutters
(Eccentric, unusual, but warmly comforting)

I'm from the cherry trees and tomato plants, and the swampy lake out back
(Us being the only ones to receive the swampy part)
From the yellow daffodils in the front yard
(Blooming bright in the spring)

I am from camping trips and bright blue eyes
From Mark and Michele

I'm from dance shoes and creative ideas
From "why fit in when you can stand out?"
And "what's meant to be will always find its way"

From a family who believes that love is their religion and the world is their church
A family that tells me there is a piece of god in everyone

I'm from Medina, Ohio, and Shorewood Drive
From Serbia and Germany, spaghetti dinners and ice cream cones

I am from grandparents who live six doors down
From my dog and two cats
From my little brother and big sister

I am from the pictures above the fireplace and the memory boxes in the closet

I'm from a family that's anything but ordinary

No comments: