Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Love is Alive!!!

below is a memorial that my friend Paul created for his late wife, Donna. And below that part of a speech that he made to the graduating class of Saint Mary's grade school when presenting the Donna Whalen Memorial award to the two students. As you read below, you will see why Paul is such an amazing person to me. I am so grateful for his friendship and for his insight into things.
Namaste,
Michele




Thank you Donna, you are the one who flipped the switch for me. I am not where I want to be but at least I now recognize the journey I am on.

This appeared on her birthday, 6/17, fathers day.

Love

Paul



Let me give a bit of insight into my wife’s character. Perhaps it will give you something to reflect on and be a guide in your journey.
"When I think of the dark days that surrounded all of us near the end of Donna’s life I also have to think of how my wife was strengthened because of her faith, her belief in a God that is pure unconditional Love. I am reminded not only how that belief sustained her but actually transformed her. Here she was her body completely destroyed, she was wholly dependent upon others to assist her in all of her physical needs. And yet while all this was occurring to her, the love she held for others soared, she illuminated the room with her presence, touching all those who came near her.......................................For when everything else is stripped away, only love remains. In the end its about love."-Paul Sherlock

No comments: