Monday, July 2, 2007

Grandma Benjamin

This is my Grandma Benjamin and Mira at 4 mos. old.
My grandma died on 9/16/94 about 4 mos. after this picture was taken.
My grandpa died less than 2 weeks later....
they were married almost 60 years.
My Grandma was a big part of my life.
She kept her opinions to herself and did not try to change anyone
or want them to be anything other than who they were.
My favorite thing that she ever said to me is a phrase that I use often.
She said it to me when I was in college when Mark and I were dating.
Mark had just grown a ponytail and I asked her if she ever noticed
Mark's new ponytail
and she said yes, I most certainly did. Then I asked her why she never
said anything about it.
She said," There are a lot of things
that I notice that I don't say anything about."

I often feel my grandma's presence with me.
It is a very comforting thing for me.

"If you knew who walks beside you on this path that you have chosen, fear would be impossible." A Course in Miracles

No comments: