Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Moving towards life

Swamp Stomp with Ranger Roger
Sunshinedaydream
MarkO's camp art
My camp art

On Moving Towards Life....Not Death

and embracing life fully.....


Namaste! It is a little hard to come back from camping all week. I love camping and being "Unplugged." It is so beautiful and peaceful at Findley State Park....I could stay all summer. Last week, I was reading After The Ecstasy, The Laundry, by Jack Kornfield and came across the most beautiful poem (below)....I was very intrigued by it and kept reading it over and over......... it is about living and learning to love the mysteries NOW, but the author is unknown. I think the author wrote the poem at a meditation retreat and wanted to remain anonymous.

Hope you enjoy the below poem as much as I do!

Love,

Michele



REVERSE LIVING

Life is tough.

It takes a lot of your time,

all your weekends,

and what do you get at the end of it?

Death, a great reward.

I think that the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way.

Then you live twenty years in an old-age home.

You are kicked out when you are too young.

You get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you’re

young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You go to college,

you party until you’re ready for high school.

You become a little kid, you play,

you have no responsibilities,

you become a little boy or girl,

you go back into the womb,

you spend your last nine months floating.

And you finish off as a gleam in someone’s eye.

No comments: