Thursday, March 13, 2008

Live, Learn and Tell




Live, Learn and Tell

by K.S. Bhargava

At age 16, I learned that mothers always know best, and sometimes fathers know best, too.

At age 20, I learned that crime doesn't pay, even if it is done well.

At age 25, I learned that a new baby keeps the mother from from having an eight-hour day, and keeps the father from having an eight-hour night.

At age 30, I learned that strength is the charm of a man, and that charm is the strength of a woman.

At age 35, I learned that the future is not what you inherit, but what you create.

At age 40, I learned that the secret of happy living is not do what you like, but to like what you do.

At age 45, I learned that life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you respond to it.

At age 50, I learned that a dog is man's best friend, and man's dogma can be his worst enemy.

At age 55, I learned that little decisions should be made with my head, and big decisions with my heart.

At age 60, I learned that you can give without loving, but you can never love without giving.

At age 65, I learned that to enjoy a long life, one should eat what he wants after he has eaten what he should.

At age 70, I learned that life is not a matter of holding good cards, but playing a poor hand well.

At age 75, I learned that as long as you think you are green, you will continue to grow, and as soon as you think you are ripe, you are rotten.

At age 80, I learned that to love and be loved is the greatest joy in the world.

No comments: