Sunday, October 19, 2008

The best prayer that I have heard in a long time


Here is another picture from the hills of Pennsylvania that I took on our way to Penn State on Monday.............so much beauty in the fall!!!
Below is a prayer that really resonates with me....hope you like it too!!!


Buddhist Prayer

Let all things be healthy.
Let all things be peaceful.
Be sure to count your blessings at least once a day.

Forgive those who have hurt you,
and those who have offended you,

But forgive yourself for what you have done,
And let go of what you have failed to do.

That which is done there's no need to speak of,
That which is past there's no need to blame.

Have self-control, self-knowledge, self-respect,
The courage to dare.
Be tranquil, the light of intelligence will shine.

Strive to make the spot where you stand beautiful.
Then beauty and harmony will follow you
In all your ways and through all your days.

Amen!

8 comments:

Krishna. N. C. said...

My Dear Michele,
Namaste sweetheart :)) I loved this awesome and soul warming prayer!! I am going to write this down on a piece of paper and forever keep it with me:)
Thank you so much for sharing this
priceless wisdom! Hope you are doing well dear one.
I loved this serene picture too..beautifully shot!
Sending you a big hug and lots of sincere prayers for a really sweet soul :))
God Bless you always.

Michele B said...

Hi Krishna N. C.
thank you so much for your note!!
You made me smile and you made my day!!
Namaste,
Michele

AutoDT said...

Amen!

Cyrus

ps. Nice picture!

Anonymous said...

Your picture is simply gorgeous Michele!!! It looks so peaceful, and I just love those fall colors. We don't get that kind of display with the trees in our forest around here...our poison ivy comes close though! :)

And an Amen to the prayer as well!

Namaste,
Kristie

San said...

Michele, that's a resonant prayer indeed. Beauty and peace do begin at home. I believe your blog celebrates that truth!

Gorgeous photograph too. The earth is rustling with energy there.

Michele B said...

Thank you so much Cyrus!!!
Namaste to you.
Michele

Michele B said...

Thanks so much Kristie.
You may not get these beautiful fall leaves but you have a lot of beauty where you are!!! I have seen the pictures!!!
Namaste,
Michele

Michele B said...

thank you so much San.
That is a big compliment coming from you that has such an eye for art.
Namaste,
Michele