Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just one of the crowd??


This is a picture of a very unique picture of a very unique daisy taken by a very unique Macy.




You gotta love fellow Deadheads!!!
I made a post on here about the Grateful Dead reunion last week, and a fellow deadhead, David McQuaid contacted me and said he had the concert on CD and asked if I would like him to mail me a copy.
What a nice guy!!! He mailed me a copy of the concert we just saw at Penn State and a copy of his Burning Man dvd from the Burning Man festival that I have always wanted to go to.
That is what I like about the Deadheads.....realizing the unity of us all.
THANK YOU DAVID MCQUAID....YOU MADE MY DAY!!
David also sent me a quote from one of my favorite movies, Harold and Maude:

Maude: I should like to change into a sunflower most of all. They're so tall and simple. What flower would you like to be?

Harold: I don't know. One of these, maybe. (He points to a field of daisies.)

Maude: Why do you say that?

Harold: Because they're all alike.

Maude: Ooooh, but they're NOT. Look. See, some are smaller, some are fatter, some grow to the left, some to the right, some even have lost some petals. All KINDS of observable differences. You see, Harold, I feel that much of the world's sorrow comes from people who are THIS. (She points to a daisy.)

Maude: Yet allow themselves to be treated as THAT (She gestures to a field of daisies.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I actually got invited to go to that show by two different friends, one of whom offered a ride from Philly, and the other, coming down from Rochester, a ticket. And yet, I didn't go...then, I went on a great hike with a friend's dog that day (seeing no daisies, but lots of turning leaves) and to a great yoga class that night...it's all good.

Nice blog ya got here....

AutoDT said...

What a beautiful picture!!!

Peace and love to you and family.

Cyrus

Michele B said...

thanks for the comment on my blog Yoga for cynics!
The Grateful Dead are going to maybe have another reunion this spring???
Maybe you can catch them then!!

Michele B said...

Thank you Cyrus!!!
It is always good to hear from you!!!
Namaste,
Michele