Thursday, July 16, 2009

Love




I have been reading and practicing the lessons from "A Course in Miracles." I am doing it by myself thus far, but might join a group after I complete the lessons....they seem to be something that will be ongoing for me. The thing that I have noticed the most is the theme of learning to let go and embrace change.......helpful for me because things are constantly changing around here :) ( my nursing unit is moving in 6 mos. to another hospital, Mira just got her temps, Marko has been redistricted to a new school, the girls switched dance studios...etc...blah, blah, blah).......I guess the only constant is change so I might as well learn to love it. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the quote below......it was from one of my past lessons.
Namaste,
Michele


"What we give to others, we give to ourselves.

What we withhold from others, we withhold from ourselves.
In any moment when we choose fear instead of love,
we deny ourselves the experience of Paradise.
To the extent that we abandon love,
to that extent we will feel it has abandoned us."


— Excerpted from
A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of
A Course in Miracles

No comments: