Sunday, August 16, 2009

The here and now







We had a beautiful weekend camping at Findley State Park.
I hope you enjoy the words below.....what wise words and written so long ago!!
Namaste,
Michele

Remember that there is only one important time and that is Now. The present moment is the only time over which we have dominion. The most important person is always the person with whom you are, who is right before you, for who knows if you will have dealings with any other person in the future. The most important pursuit is making that person, the one standing at your side, happy, for that alone is the pursuit of life."
-Leo Tolstoy

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Hi Michele!
I just left you a message on Cyrus' blog! What a synchronicity for me with your Wayne Dyer post and this one! One of the children's books that I mentioned I've collected so far is one called The Three Questions by Jon Muth. It's based on these words you posted!!! From the book..."Remember then that there is only one important time, and that time is now. The most important one is always the one you are with. And the most important thing is to do good for the one who is standing at your side."..."the answers to what is most important in this world."

Have a great day!!!
Kristie

Michele B said...

Hi Kristie,
I love those synchronicities!!!!
Marko has a book that I used to read him by Jon Muth. It is called Zen Shorts.
have a great day Kristie...and Happy Birthday!!!
love,
Michele

Kristie said...

I'll have to take a look at that book too! And thank you for the birthday wish!!!
Love,
Kristie :)