Monday, August 3, 2009

On Being Alive






We got together to celebrate a special friend's birthday the other night. Happy Birthday Sue!!!!
I think she was surprised!!!

I hope you like the words below!!!
namaste,
Michele



remember that you are still a student,
still learning how to best treasure your connection to others.

Pick up the phone. Send an e-mail. Write a letter. Kiss your Mom. Hug your
Dad. Get a life in which you are generous.
Look around at the azaleas in the suburban neighborhood where you grew up;
look at a full moon hanging silver in a black, black sky on a cold night.

Realize that life is the best thing ever, and that you have no business
taking it for granted. Care so deeply about its goodness that give it to
charity.

Work in a soup kitchen. Be a big brother or sister. Do All of you want to do
well. But if you do not do good, too, then doing well will never be
enough.

It is so easy to waste our lives: our days, our hours, our minutes. It is
so easy to take for granted the color of the azaleas, the sheen of the
limestone on Fifth Avenue, the color of our kid's eyes, the way the melody
in a symphony rises and falls and disappears and rises again.

-Ann Quindlen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I tried to post a comment to your blogspot. It went like this:
Every day IS a gift. We are so lucky to be in this place in this time with
these people. I know that we are just here for a second and that our time is
just a building block in creating who we really are for eternity. I know that
in my life, you and your family have been here to teach me of that. I thank
you; for your energy, for your wisdom, for your love.

AutoDT said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful passage Michele...And I liked the words shared by 'Anonymous' too...

Namaste to you all,

Cyrus

Michele B said...

thanks Cyrus!!!
that is my friend, Sue.
both are wise and old souls.
I hope you are having a great day!!!
Namaste,
Michele