Monday, May 14, 2012




 Here is something I posted on facebook tonight:



so many people dividing into sides lately.....I wish we could just all work together and help each other out. I was reading a debate on Mark's wall tonight and felt saddened about all the disagreements. so here is what I wrote (see below) for a comment.....and I love you all.....You would not be my friend on here if that was not true :)

While I respect others that don't agree with my opinion a...nd have no problem agreeing to disagree, I will always stand behind my gay/lesbian friends. We have very close friends that are lesbians and have been together over 25 years and have... raised two beautiful girls who are very loving and giving. Their oldest is going to college next year on a full ride scholarship and they both are heterosexual, well adjusted kids (not that them being heterosexual matters...but that is a myth that the product of the gay- marriage is a gay child will result or that they have been molested.) This family is full of love, peace and kindness. My other best friend is a masters prepared social worker that makes a big difference in about everyone he meets and every teen he cares for. I take care of adolescent teens that are bullied everyday for being gay/lesbian or bi-sexual. I sometimes cry when I hear some of the prejudice that they have encountered. I have several teen friends on facebook (my kids' friends) that are gay and have heard of the problems they face too.... I am very proud of my daughter Macy that wants to join the gay-straight alliance at her school next year and I think it means alot when straight people stand up for gay rights. I think the message that we need to learn and live while here on this planet is love, tolerance and taking care of each other. There is so much pain and suffering in the world and anything we can do to love and serve another is probably where we should all focus our attention. I don't care what anyone's political and religious beliefs are and I don't care if we don't agree on things....I just care that you are kind.....I love what Jewel says....."cuz in the end, only kindness matters." I love you all and good-night!!!!

No comments: