Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Bigger thrills???

That is Macy and Marko on the left end there.....screaming on this big swing!
Top Thrill Dragster. Reaching a stratospheric 420 feet tall and topping out at an unheard of speed of 120 mph, this new steel screamer helped Cedar Point reclaim the title of owning the tallest and fastest roller coaster in the universe.


I got some free tickets for Cedar Point from my employer, The Cleveland Clinic.
so my parents, Macy and Marko and I went.
We had a lot of fun. I had not been there in over 2o years and either had my parents......Marko had never been there.
The roller coasters that were "the biggest and best" when I was in highschool are now the calm and "babyish" rollercoasters. The new ones have much more speed, height and depth.
My back hurts from all the newer and bigger ones!!!
I was thinking that we Americans have such weird habits.....just the things we do to get a thrill and how our thrills becoming more expansive and bigger and more dangerous.
so hope you enjoy the pictures and the quote.
love,
Michele


"A [true] man is one who sits and rises among others, sleeps and eats, and interacts with others in the bazaar, buying and selling, who mixes with people, yet for one moment is not forgetful of God in his heart."

Muhammad Ibn Munawwar

1 comment:

AutoDT said...

'We live in the perceived consciousness of God.'
(Cyrus Rumi)

Namaste and honour to you.