Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Patience


The word for me today is patience.
above is a picture of a bumper sticker that this guy had on his Vanagon at Findley State Park.
I thought it was a beautiful bumper sticker and such a beautiful word.

I have been journaling again. ever since I gave my friend Steve (a nurse that I work with)
my Artist's Way book to borrow, I have been thinking about that book and how it worked in my life.
There were two major ideas that I took from that book on how to open and let my creative juices flow. One is waking up and journaling 3 notebook pages of handwritten entries daily
and taking myself on an artist date once a week...doing something that I have always wanted to do by myself....just little things like walking through a pawn shop or trying a new hiking trail.

so I have started journaling again. somehow it does make me feel more free.
I guess I get all that junk that is floating around my head out of the way and can focus on the really important things in life....things like letting go of trying to control things that I can't control anyway, trusting the universe and just trying to love what is.

I am learning to breath deeper again....to let go more.
I am reminded that there is nothing that I really need to know right now.
There is nothing that I need to really have or own right now.
I am starting to let things flow more and be in the moment.
noticing more and not needing to grasp it...to control it or to even wish that is could be different.
so today my posting is part of a poem by Mary Oliver:

Sometimes
4.

Instructions for living a life:
Pay attention.
Be astonished.
Tell about it.

------------------------ from Red Bird by Mary Oliver

3 comments:

Lori Skoog said...

Michele...IMPORTANT....Go to the Bedlam Farm Journal today (Tuesday) and look at his entry (poem). I can't believe it.
Lori

Michele B said...

wow!
I love those synchronicities!!!
thank you so much for sharing that with me!!!
Namaste,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele!
I discovered 'the Artist's Way' back in 2002, quite by accident actually, or was it? It was laying in a book store not at all where it was supposed to be and I picked it up. The two things you mentioned are exactly what helped me the most too...journaling three pages every morning and treating myself to artist dates. Cool, huh! :)
Kristie