Tuesday, August 26, 2008

coming home to ourselves



do you like this picture? Macy made this and then took a picture of it.
Macy made my day today....she came home from middle school and said her and her friends went and ate with this boy who was eating lunch all by himself.
She said they talked to him and he seemed happier.
He said he really did not like school much.
I find myself really missing the meditation time at Omega Institute.
I have been scheduling times to meditate daily at home...but it is hard getting a whole hour to devote to this.
I just take what times I have to meditate...to just be here.
that is what calms me down and helps me to let go of things that I can't control.
....well a lot of the time anyway.
hope you like the quote below!!
Namaste,
Michele

Anyone can build a house of wood and bricks, but....that sort of home is not our real home; it's only nominally ours. It's a home in the world, and it follows the ways of the world. Our real home is inner peace. An external, material home may well be pretty, but it is not very peaceful. There's this worry, and then that; this anxiety, and then that.....It's external to us and soon or later we'll have to give it up. It's not a place we can live in permanently, because it doesn't truly belong to us; it's part of the world. Our body is the same: we take it to be self, to be "me" and "mine," but in fact it's not really so at all; it's another worldly home.
-Ajahn Chah

No comments: