Monday, November 3, 2008

Love all, Serve all



Above are pictures from the Obama rally in downtown Cleveland yesterday.
We had so much fun. Bruce Springstein played a beautiful concert.
It was very uplifting for me. Below is a note from Rob Brezsny that I have been holding close to my heart. It is a good reminder for me. I like it because it honors all people and all opinions.
I am learning to not to have to change others opinions that are different from me.
I respect the way others feel and realize that there is no way that I can know the whole truth about anything in this physical form. So, I will stick with my motto "love all, serve all" and will do the best that I can to live it:)
Namaste,
Michele



"There's another factor that makes me cautious about getting embroiled in
partisan politics and the narrow-minded hostility that fuels it. One of my
main goals in life is to love everyone with passionate intensity -- no
exceptions. Not just the people I find beautiful and helpful and interesting
and attractive. But also the people I don't like and the people who don't
like me and the people I disagree with and the people who can't or won't
do anything for me.

In order to become the gorgeous genius I aspire to be, in order to fulfill
the unique destiny I came to Earth to embody, I have to hold EVERYONE
in my heart with compassion and empathy. As I contemplate how every
single part of creation is interconnected, I've got to be aware that the
creatures I'm allergic to and inclined to feel alienated from are also part of
the great web of life.

That's my spiritual goal; it's essential to awakening my best self and
cultivating an intimate connection to Spirit. It's also my selfish goal; it's
critical to my physical and mental health. Hatred always sickens me. Love
always invigorates me."
-Rob Brezsny

No comments: