Thursday, November 13, 2008

on being free


Here is another good friend of mine from the Zoo.
He makes me smile. I had a crappy day today....just a bunch of stuff going on that I would like to be different from how it is. I know that is the definition of suffering....wanting things to be different from how they are....huh?

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day:)

hope you like the words below!!!

Namaste,

Michele




Freedom means not being owned, not occupied, not bought.

Freedom means finding the place in me that connects with every person I meet rather than thinking of myself as different, better or on top.

It means opening my heart to my granddaughter’s little perfect fingers, taking in the fragility, the tenderness there, the potential loss.

It means feeling what the suicide bombers must have been feeling at the same moment I am grieving those who died in the bombing.

Believing there is a power determining everything at the same moment I know there is absolutely no one in charge.

Feeling angry at my teenage son for doing the opposite of what I suggested at the same moment I marvel at his independence.

Freedom is not knowing where you are but being deeply there.

Not waiting for someone to save or rescue you or heal your terrible past but doing that for yourself.

Not putting your flag in the ground.

Being willing to get lost.

Living without borders and passports.

Evolving.

Becoming.

Freedom is about being vulnerable to one another, realizing that our ability to connect is more important than feeling secure, in control and alone.

-Eve Ensler

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele! I think I know how you feel!...we had a blizzard last week and before I could finish digging myself out, someone stole my snow shovel...which reminded me of this summer when someone stole the only tomato my plant was able to grow, right off my front porch, just when it was ripe enough to eat...and now recently, a brand new DVD I loaned out to a friend came back scratched and full of food laden fingerprints. Hmmmm...there must be a lesson I am to learn here! To let go, I think, and not let the behavior of others, which you can never control, to cause me suffering. I'm probably not finished with the lesson though, because I still want my shovel back, I want my tomato back, and I wish my DVD was new again. :D :D :) Oh well. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!
Namaste,
Kristie :)

Michele B said...

You make me smile Kristie:)
if you lived here, you could borrow my snow shovel anytime:)
thanks for your words....they helped more than you could realize!!!
Namaste,
Michele

ewa.christina said...

Thanks for all those wonderful (and comforting) wise words. It all really resonates with me. namaste, eva