Sunday, November 1, 2009

A crack to let the light back in

Marko's Halloween Costume



My Aunt Nola's Halloween Costume


My dad's Halloween Costume



I hope you enjoy the various Halloween costumes on here.

They were taken last night at trick-or-treat.

I have somehow got myself in a place of fear
and depression over the past month.

I am not at liberty to talk about all of the causes
but some of it has to deal with Mark being laid off from his job
and our financial situation.
I just have not been in a very good place.

Last night, my hardness cracked
and I feel some light coming in....I have been given hope.

An anonymous friend(s) stopped by and left a very,
overly generous gift on our porch.

I am hoping that this note of gratitude
will get out to the people involved.

I cry every time I think about it and
I am having a hard time accepting it.

All I can do is vow to put it back out there
in the universe when I am able.

Here is the note the gift came with:

To The Kuhar Family


The World that you love.


Loves you too.


Keep the Faith.



The note was not signed.

So, Whoever you are, Thank you from the deepest place in my heart.

Please know that the quote below is referring to you!!


Namaste,

Michele


"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch,

A smile, a kind word, a listening ear,

An honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,

All of which have the potential to turn a life around."

Leo Buscaglia

4 comments:

AutoDT said...

Never underestimate the power of true unconditional love...a healing force that has no boundaries...

Namaste to you and family,

Cyrus

Michele B said...

Thank you Cyrus.
You are a bright light!!
Thank you for you!!
Namaste,
Michele

Carol said...

Hello from a long-time lurker! I have enjoyed your photos and quotes for awhile, but I am one of those quiet, hidden readers that never comment.

I just wanted to thank you for the Buscaglia quote. For some reason, it really hit me and it heloped me to realize how rarely I intentionally go out of my way to say a kind word to someone. So, I am now visiting my blogging friends one by one and telling them why I appreciate them.

I'm so touched that some people you know performed an act of kindness at this time when you are feeling low. The world DOES love you.

Thank you for what you do and especially for waking me up with the kind story and the quote of kindness on this beautiful autumn day.

Much peace,
Carol

Michele B said...

Carol,
Thanks so much for your kindness.
You just made my night....
Namaste,
Michele