Monday, November 30, 2009

Life is a mystery


Above is a picture of us with Santa. We took that picture on vacation last summer. That is where Santa goes in the summer.

Today I have a smile on my face....and am realizing how good life is.
I was thinking about Saturday.
Mark took the kids to the mall on Saturday because our anonymous friends gave the kids gift cards to the mall.
They used them to buy gifts for their siblings and Mark.
They were so excited to tell me what they bought each other in private.
Then, when I got home from work, we ate at Applebees because our friends left us Applebees gift certificates!!!


That is one of our favorite places to go as a family and we had not been out to eat since the first weekend in October related to finances.
We seemed to appreciate it all the more.


I hope you like the quote below from a Mary Oliver poem!!!
Namaste,
Michele


Take care you don’t know anything in this world
too quickly or easily. Everything is also a mystery,
and has its own secret aura in the moonlight,

its private song.


-Mary Oliver

No comments: