Sunday, May 6, 2007

18 Years of Marital Bliss


This a picture of Mark and I that was taken at Put in Bay 6/87. Mark and I started going up there in 1984.
The last time I went up there, I was pregnant with Mira and drunk people were talking to me and I couldn't understand what they were saying and I thought they were annoying.....and I have not been back there since. Anyway, May 6th, is our 18th wedding anniversary.
below is a poem Mark wrote for me on our 12th anniversary....and yes the part about trading me for a motorcycle is true.
Have a nice day!!!
Love,
Michele




anniversary poem (for michele)



once a guy in a bar full of drunks offered

me his motorcycle in exchange for you,

& for a second there i gave it some thought.



there's nothing like

the feel of the wind

full against the face

roaring 80 mph down

the asphalt ribbons

of america, the sunset

behind, a two-wheeled

shadow passing over

hard pavement, broken

white lines shooting past

like blurry bullets.



but then again, there's

nothing like a barbados sunset

a maui morning, the salty

san francisco waterfront,

melrose street in l.a., the

solitary tropical islands of

the bahamas, grand florida

palatial hotels, great silent

national forest campsites,

the utter madness of a

put-in-bay weekend, the

energy of lake chatauqua,

even the casa linda, with

hookers & junkies or a

tacky las vegas italian

restaurant with bad wine

& an accordian player.



there are three tiny comedians still asleep

upstairs while you're

downstairs looking for

your keys & shoes,



yeah, once a drunk guy offered up his

harley in exchange for you, but i turned

him down, & in the long run no doubt

i got the better end of that crazy deal

-Markk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Happy Anniversary! Hope you two have a wonderful anniversary... and here's to memories of K-Mart in formal attire, snow in May, OSU wedding colors, lots of laughs and memories of friends. And who can forget the excitment of your spotting the guy in the auditor's office with the cute butt that started it all.
Leslie

_________________________________________________________________