Monday, May 14, 2007


I took a watercolor class at Omega a few years ago.....no I did not paint this there...I think I made this one when I was messing around with the kids one day.
Anyway, at Omega, the teacher, Ann, gave us the below quote. It has been something I go back to often...it is a good metaphor for being an artist..but it is also a metaphor I use for my life......I am trying to learn to trust my intuition...and allow things to just unfold....not needing to know why.....just falling into the unknowingness. Love, Michele




After all, we can not know what we are going to express.
What is really creative is bound to be a surprise because it is something we couldn't have thought of.

This is the thing we resist the most.
We want to know where we are going, why we are doing it, and
what it is going to give us.
We want to know it all.
To be creative means becoming more familiar with being a little lost.
If we are always full of what we want to do, there is no room for the new.
-Michell Cassou, Artist

No comments: