Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Compliment Man


Rob Brezny wrote this:
Washington, D.C.'s most renowned vagrant

never begs for money.
Instead, he hangs around the streets all day and

doles out praise and flattery to passers-by.
He calls himself Compliment

Man. "Those are beautiful shoes you're wearing,"
he may say as you walk
by, or
"The two of you look great together"
if you're with a friend.


Kinda cool!!!!....ehhhh?read below also. Love, Michele






When my daughter was in Washington DC doing her residency at Georgetown we me an incredible icon of DC known as “Compliment Man.” He is an infamous character who lives on the streets of DC and is known for complimenting every person who walks by. He finds something nice to say to every human that walks by. I wonder what the world would be like if we all took a lesson from Compliment Man. He is not rich or powerful in the usual ways we Americans think about “rich and powerful,” but he is rich and very powerful in his rich message he brings to all of us. No matter what life throws at you, respond with a positive message. Send love and possibility into the world instead of fear and separation. I was walking into Starbucks the other day having a rough morning of things going sideways. I just knew a venti latte would restore the balance to my day. As I got out of the car I dropped my keys and other events led me to another stage of frustration. As I was heading for the front door in a flurry, I heard a gentle voice say, “You are looking nice today mam, I hope you are having a blessed day. I am having a magnificent day of blessings, just one right after another.” This man was sitting in a Dartmouth sweatshirt, teeth missing and disheveled. He had a smile as big as Montana on his precious face and reminded me of Compliment Man. He got me smiling and in a flash, I was feeling blessed by him and the world. I have seen him at Starbucks several times since then and I now look for him every time. I look forward to the kind motivating words that emerge from his gentle heart. Thanks Dartmouth Man. You are one of my blessings in this dynamic life.

POSTED BY Kathleen
link:
http://tinyurl.com/37y73c


Nice article about him Here: http://tinyurl.com/3ah3ez

No comments: