Sunday, September 9, 2007

Don't Go Back To Sleep!

You like my art??
I love the poem below, it speaks to me.
Even though the divine guides me and gives
me direction.....I often fear acting on it because I don't
know exactly how it could work......so I tend to distract myself
and not listen with various things such as the internet or drama in
my life........when I really sit down and meditate, or play my harp or
do some yoga or go for a walk....my heart speaks to me and my heart always knows
the truth......my ego doesn't though and it is so darn easy to "go back to sleep."
read below.
Peace and Love,
Michele



Today, like every other day,
we wake up empty
and frightened.
Don't open the door to the study
and begin reading.
Take down a musical instrument.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.

There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground.
-Rumi


translated by John Moyne and Coleman Barks

No comments: