Wednesday, September 26, 2007

On Being an Artist



I love the above picture that Macy made. She loves doing artwork. I see her struggle in art at school sometimes. She came home in the second grade and said her art teacher told her that her trees did not look like trees and told her to draw here trees shaped like a "y". Macy was really put out about that. She told me that she liked the way her trees looked and did not like the way her art teacher told her to make trees.
Have a great day.
hope you like the quote below.
Love,
Michele



When my daughter was about seven years old, she asked me one day what I did at work. I told her I worked at a college -- that my job was to teach people how to draw. She stared at me, incredulous, and said, "You mean they forget?"
--Howard Ikemoto

No comments: