Sunday, October 7, 2007

Afterall, It is still a beautiful world

I bet you don't have these beautiful works of art in your backyard....do you???
Mark made yard artwork in the back.....I wonder what the neighbors really think of us.
We were once at a party and I heard one neighbor talking about us....she said" they are really, really nice .......but they are really really different."
Anyway....different we are......maybe not from this planet....eh???
Today was an emotional day......Mira and Macy tried out for the San Jose ballet's nutcracker which will be downtown at playhouse square center. I think about 200+ girls tried out and only 40 made it. Well Macy made it and Mira didn't. Rollercoaster.
Mira is okay....she had a good additude.
She went to the Hard rock cafe and then to the Hockey game with Mark tonight and with her friend Taylor and Taylor's dad. It is so good that she had this planned for tonight.....it is like it was meant to be.
The Lake Erie Monsters Hockey team???.....I did not even know that Cleveland had a Hockey team.....I remember the Cleveland Crusaders...because Bill Fitch, the team coach or manager or whatever you call him was from Medina...and Lisa Fitch was in highschool when I was....I think she was a senior when I was a freshman.
I never heard of the Lake Erie Monsters until Mira won the tickets. Mira and her friend won tickets on 96.5 , KISS FM.
I don't think either one of them know anything about hockey.
Mira cheers for the 8Th grade football team and doesn't even understand football.
I don't either.....I understand everything about baseball....I was raised on baseball.
but anyway, during the football game, a referee threw a yellow flag on the field and Mira says really loud in her cheer uniform on the sidelines....."why did that man throw that yellow flag on the field.?" Mark got teased......people were asking him if he ever taught his daughter anything about football. Well to tell you the truth, I used to go to every Brown's game for years and attended all home football games when I was at Ohio State and I know nothing about football.
Anyway.....sorry to blab.......read below.
It is beautiful.........and so is the world.....even with all of the chaos I see....I still think it is a beautiful thing.
Love,
Michele

DESIDERATA, THE AFFIRMATION
adapted by Rachel Grey

(Take the challenge -- read it aloud.)

I go placidly amid the noise and the haste, remembering what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, I am on good terms with all persons. I speak my truth quietly and clearly; and I listen to others, even the dull and the ignorant--they too have their story. I avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexations to the spirit.

I try not to compare myself with others, for I know there will always be greater and lesser persons than myself. I enjoy my achievements as well as my plans. I keep interested in my own career, knowing it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.

I exercise caution in my business affairs, for the world is full of trickery. But I do not let this blind me to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals, and everywhere life is full of heroism. I am myself. I especially do not feign affection. Neither am I cynical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment I have seen it is perennial as the grass. I take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.

I nurture strength of spirit to shield myself in sudden misfortune. But I do not distress myself with dark imaginings. I know that many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, I am gentle with myself. I am a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; I have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to me, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, I am at peace with the world. And whatever my current labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life, I keep peace in my soul. With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Therefore, I am cheerful. I strive to be happy.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Sometimes it is good to be called weird. At least people are thinking. A dear friend of mine passed away too young- 59- her and her husband would make yard art together. It was funky and fun. I think it was the doing the art together that made it great. Have a beautiful day and know that people must think we are crazy to plant a garden instead of grass in the front yard. Holly

Michele B said...

What????
I love your garden....and your love of life....and how you play with your kids and encourage their love of nature.
Michele

Anonymous said...

I remember when Mark and his good friend Kippy were both in High School and tried out for the Nutcracker and only Kippy was picked. Mark handled that pretty well.

Jenny Kramer

Michele B said...

Uncle Jim Bob is a dork, but he makes good BilJac
-Dusty Dog