Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Little Wonders


This is a picture of my mom.
We wrapped presents at Borders today for Trinity Dance Company.
I found so much joy there.


This is Marko at his class Christmas show.
He got to introduce the show.....taking after his dad in front of the microphone


This is a picture of Marko's Christmas program...and what made me realize why I am quitting my part time job and am going to work only a few days per month.
I am missing so much of my life that I want to particpate in.
I don't want to miss anymore school parties, talent shows and snow days.......
I need a more flexible schedule.....and I miss working with kids.
do you like the quotes below....it just fit how I am feeling.
Love,
Michele


"I am done with great things and big plans, great institutions and big
success. I am for those tiny, invisible loving human forces that work from
individual to individual, creeping through the crannies of the world like so
many rootlets, or like the capillaries."
--William James,
*The Will to
Believe*

"The great lessons from the true mystics, from the Zen monks, is that the
sacred is in the ordinary, that it is to be found in one's daily life, in one's
neighbors, friends, and family, in one's back yard, and that travel may be
a flight from confronting the sacred. To be looking everywhere for
miracles is a sure sign of ignorance that everything is miraculous." --
Abraham H. Maslow, *Religions, Values, and Peak Experiences*

No comments: