Saturday, December 8, 2007

Truth





Macy took these pictures in her photography class at Omega Institute this past summer. These are pictures of the "joy of play .....it is never too later to have a happy childhood class."
and as you can see...they had a lot of fun!!! They made this big water slide on one of the hills.
This week was kind of emotional for me....just crazy stuff...like Mira dealing with some mean girl stuff because she refused to wear her cheer uniform to school and then me putting up with a meeting at work where there was a lot of meaningless fighting and finger pointing was going on, then we got some extra bills that we did not need because our van was having problems.
but then I think about what is really real for me ......like different friends coming out of the woodwork to help for our Christmas projects we have going on(...bringing stuff over for Macy's homeless project.) , and my friend that is really sick and dealing with cancer but she is busy gathering stuff for Macy's project and wanting to go with us to deliver them even though she is really short of breath and feeling lousy, and then there is my dad stopping down Wednesday night to see our dog Dusty.....and he took him home for a "sleep over".....the joy in both of their eyes when they see each other is pretty powerful..............and then there is my cousin Chad who has come back home and decided to live a sober life.....and talking with him about his new sponsor and his love of writing and his struggles to stay sober......and I now realize what TRUTH I want to focus on.....and what I want to let go. I see so much beauty in the world........and that is what gives me hope and faith.
hope you like the quote below.
love,
Michele




"I have faith in the truth, in its ability to find us....
If the truth often seems elusive when we seek it directly,
perhaps it is some consolation that it also relentlessly
reveals itself to us in our lives, our dreams,
and the stories we tell one another."
~Oriah Mountain Dreamer

No comments: