Sunday, December 9, 2007

my daughters, my teachers

Mira took this picture from her bus in Washington D.C......they got to see a protest while they were there......they waited on the bus for over an hour while they marched by.
She got some really cool pictures. Love, Michele



Friday night we were coming home from Ruby Tuesday' where we celebrated my dad's 67Th birthday. I was saying that I did not want to invite this one cousin of mine to Christmas because she had relapsed and was smoking dope again and had quit school.....and that I was not going to get her a Christmas present this year.
After hearing that, Mira speaks up and says "mom that is not right...you are judging her behavior...she is still a good person inside. Just because she has made some wrong choices doesn't mean we should exclude her from Christmas."
Then Macy says " yeah mom....and just get her a t-shirt that says 'hugs not drugs' for a Christmas present."
so many times, I feel like the child and my kids are my teachers.

No comments: