Thursday, April 16, 2009

diversions


This photo was taken by Logan Robertson (posted here with his permission) who is a junior in highschool and a very awesome photographer.

He is an amazing artist, guitar player and photographer as you can see.

We are going to the beach with their family this summer. I look forward to seeing more of his photography.


wow...I love this quote below!!! I think sometimes that I find a lot of diversions and keep myself from more creative endeavors like Logan participates in. I need to create more...ooops I said that out loud....gotta act on it now!!!

Namaste,

Michele



"I do not know what I may appear to the world;

but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore,

and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble

or a prettier shell than ordinary,

whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me."


Isaac Newton


2 comments:

Kristie said...

I love this picture Michele! I also love the quote...a part of me though, is thinking that the great ocean of truth is also on the seashore, in the smooth pebbles and the pretty shells!
Wishing you a beautiful day!
Kristie

Michele B said...

yeah...I agree....but I think he is talking about numbing ourselves....or doing mindless stuff not mindful stuff.....
I think looking for smooth pebbles and pretty shells is mindful...for me anyway.... :O
Namaste,
Michele