Thursday, April 16, 2009

Godsmacked!!!

Logan Robertson's amazing photography again!!!...I think he is an indigo!!!


watch the clip below...it explains the amazing Susan Boyles reason for wanting to audition.
It was a promise she made to her "Mum" two years ago before she died.
Very beautiful story. and below the link, is a letter that I found on the Oprah web page about her performance...which explains how I feel everytime I watch the clip of her audition....and explains it way better than I ever could.
Namaste,
Michele

http://entertainment.stv.tv/home/88339-britains-got-talent-star-susan-boyles-promise-to-mum/

Apr 16, 2009 7:00 AM

How bad did I feel? I am English, 47, male. I live in London, and on Saturday I watched Britain's Got Talent. I wasn't interested in the program, but because my wife wanted to watch it I thought I'd suffer it. I sat there watching what I thought was going to be untalented people having a few moments of fame and some talented people; it passed the time whilst I was reading a book. Then this Scottish lady with badly applied make-up, bushy eyebrows, hair that looked like she cut it herself and washed it using soap, wearing her best frock, with a slightly off-the-wall personality, entered the stage. I thought she would either be complete rubbish, like so many before her, or brilliant. But what I experienced was simply phenomenal. Trying to watch the TV through the tears streaming down my face was not easy. The tears were not for laughter, but rather pure emotion. This stunning and emotionally charged voice delivered a song that blew me away. Susan Boyle built herself up to fail, but in hindsight it was me, and no doubt millions of other viewers who built her up to fail. We all too often judge others far too quickly. As a child my parents taught me not to judge others, but business and life tells us we should judge people. It is said we make a judgment about a person within 30 seconds, and I fell into that trap with Susan Boyle. I was so wrong! Very few singers cause me to have tears in my eyes, even fewer singers and songs can drive me to shedding a tear. But, Susan Boyle, probably through an element of guilt on my part, made me sob. Both the song, the woman and the voice are wonderful. I truly hope that Susan Boyle finds love and happiness.
Thank you, Susan.
Gary Bland

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Isn't this a heartwarming story? It's so true that people are judged based on all kinds of criteria that aren't important at all. Emily got me hooked on American Idol last season and we're watching it again this year. Our favorite is a young talented guy by the name of Adam Lambert. A couple days ago Emily sent me a YouTube clip of Bill O'Reilly from FOX news. He couldn't believe America would even think to choose him to win because he's gay. Wow, so sad. I think he'll be proven wrong.

Michele B said...

Adam Lambert is in a league of his own!!!!
I love him.
without a doubt in my mind, he is the next American Idol!!!!
Namaste,
Michele