Thursday, March 22, 2007

Beautiful


My friend Sarah let me borrow this book on Tuesday with 2 beautiful cds in it and lots of beautiful words of wisdom. Sarah is a friend that just "appeared in my life"....thanks to Macy who was obsessed with me finding her a cello teacher and bugged me to call her constantly until I did. I should listen to Macy more often because Sarah is now a dear friend of mine. She is also Macy's cello teacher,and my harp teacher. She and I connect on such a spiritual level.

Anyway this book is called Graceful Passages....a companion for living and dying.
Listen to this beautiful poem written and read by Ram Dass by clicking on the link below.
http://www.wisdomoftheworld.com/mp3/Graceful_Passages_RamDass.mp3

below is the poem (part of),written by Ram Dass, a spiritual teacher.

Be here now.

Don’t anticipate, don’t yearn for things of the past.

Let the past go with forgiveness and let the future go with no anticipation.

Each of us contains a being that doesn't die and a being that does die.
Everything must change except the soul..............

There are realms other than the one we are meeting on.
Planes where we see the souls that we have known in the past
as just souls.
We won't meet them in their clothing of mother or
father, or uncle or aunt.

then......sensual planes, planes with color, music......

No comments: