Sunday, March 4, 2007

Harold and Maude


This is one of the best movies in the world ( in my opinion). Harold and Maude is a favorite of mine!! Although, the first time I watched it in college, I didn't really get Maude. I get her now and I love her.
Below is a link to the trailer....it is worth the watch...and the song "if you want to sing out" is one of my favorites and Marko's too.
Peace and love,
Michele

Maude Quote:

"A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they're not dead, really.
They're just... backing away from life. Reach out. Take a chance. Get hurt, even!
Play as well as you can. Go team! GO!
Give me an L! Give me an I! Give me a V! Give me an E! L. I. V. E. LIVE! ...
Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room."

- Maude (Ruth Gordon), Harold and Maude

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxP_331mTw

Here is a short summary of the movie:

Bud Cort plays Harold, a lonely death obsessed young man who spends his free time attending the funerals of people he's never met and staging his own elaborate suicides. Ruth Gordon is Maude, an woman 79 years young obsessed with living life to its absolute fullest, who spends her free time visiting funerals of people she's never met and driving stolen cars to get herself around town. It's really only a matter of time before the amazing Cat Stevens' soundtrack works its magic, they meet and slowly, sincerely fall in love. The acting in this movie is really what makes it move from simply impressive to absolutely absorbing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Michelle..Paul from my Young widows group sent us your Blog..OHMG..That is my favorite movie of all time..I LOVE it so much.

I love your story of your grandmother...How cool was she???

My Grandmothers and mother were and are clean freak nuts and matching curtain types..lol.I admire and adore peeps like your grandmother soo much!

Thank you for sharing that!!!

Kristy from YW2

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristy,
Paul is a good friend of mine.
Thanks for your note!!!!
I guess I didn't realize what an impression that my grandma left on me until after she died.
Glad to hear from you and thanks for visiting my blog.
Stop back again.
Namaste,
Michele