Thursday, March 22, 2007

What dreams are made of!!!



Below is a note from my dear friend Katie......or Kate as she goes by now.

Katie has been my friend since the 7th grade.

I would like to ask YOU to help her make her dream come true.

She is an excellent writer as you will see if you review her chapter online.

This is an amazing read!!!! The link to the chapter and the summary of the plot is below.

I just posted a comment and gave her a rating ....can you do that too???

You vote for her by clicking on a rating below her chapter!!!!!

Thanks for your help!!!!- Michele



Here is the letter from Katie:


I am trying out for American Idol!!!

Okay, if you’ve heard me sing you know this cannot be true. There is, however, an American Idol of sorts for writers, which as you know has been a dream of mine for years. Yes, it’s a bit cheesy. No, it’s not how Hemingway got started. But here I am. Check out http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.jsp?articleId=281474976933506 and their First Chapters Contest. The name of my book is Days of May. Take a look at it and see what you think. If you like it, please give me a fair rating. Or even a comment.

Of course I can tell you a bit about it, so you know whether you might be interested in checking it out:

It’s about a woman so desperate to find her runaway daughter she might sacrifice all that is dear to her —just so she won’t lose control as she had in the past, when the man she thought she’d marry was killed at Kent State. It brings the past and the present together in a way that I hope is meaningful for all, especially as we face questions today about the similarities between Vietnam and the War in Iraq. More than that, though, it’s a story of the ties between mother and daughter, parent and child—how some struggle for a parent’s love, how others feel strangled by it. Hope it resonates for you. Let me know.

I know you are all very very busy so I truly appreciate you taking the time. It is posted only for 2 weeks so don’t procrastinate like I usually do;-)

Thanks, and wish me luck!

P.S. If you are so moved, please tell friends and colleagues who you think might like it, too.

No comments: