Thursday, January 3, 2008

getting excited about life



above is a picture from New Years Eve.
We have a tradition of spending it
with our very dear friends, the Hudson-Hecks.

They are very special people in my life.
We met them 10 years ago when our girls were
in preschool together.
It was an instant friendship for all of us.

I love friendships that are so easy.
I chose the quote below because they have
such enthusiasm for life.

I love Anthony de Mello.....
a friend of mine gave me a book by him.
I still read it from time to time.....
he has lots of pearls of wisdom
that I need to be reminded of.

Love,
Michele




"To the woman who complained
that riches hadn't made her happy,
the Master said,

"You speak as if luxury and comfort
were ingredients of happiness;
whereas all you need to be really happy, my dear,
is something to be enthusiastic about."

-- Anthony de Mello

No comments: