Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Compassion

This is a picture of Macy from this weekend....the hip hop instructor is behind her.
I love how this one turned out...hope you do too.
hope you like the quote below also....I have this yoga dvd called Power to the Peaceful yoga (which I love) and Sharon Gannon says so many wise things during the yoga session that make me want to live my life in a more positive way.....like her quote below.
Namaste,
Michele


"When one can feel happiness for those who are happy,
compassion for those
who are suffering,
joy for those who are virtuous,
and indifference toward
those who are wicked,
then one will achieve steadiness of mind."

-Sharon Gannon

6 comments:

IAA said...

Great quote :)

I think compassion is soo important, it's something the world needs to make COOL, instead of violence and negativity.
How sad that the human race has steared itself towards numbing themselves for power and personal gain, instead of choosing what is important.
Pain makes friends with pain.
This said, I believe there is a change occuring, something unavoidable and beautiful. Our only hope....
You are part of that :)
Namaste,
Mikki

Lori Skoog said...

Thank you for your comment on the Skoog Farm Journal. The little dog is Phoebe and she is a therapy dog who participates in a reading program at a local elementary school. Your blog is great.
I am new at this, and am curious as to how you found my journal.
Lori

Lori Skoog said...

Michele,
Thanks for the comment on my students art work.
If you click on one of the links, there are over 250 examples of my student's work. I am a retired art teacher and have 15 students that I teach here at the farm.
Lori

Michele B said...

wow Lori...I wish I lived closer to you because I would take lessons from you....
and you too Mikki....wish I lived by you....I need to take more time to create...I haven't done much of that lately!!
I think I am starving to do so!!!
Namaste to you both!!!
Michele

AutoDT said...

'Being indifferent and yet,paradoxically, connected with life occurrences, will eventually lead some to enlightenment and inner divine awareness.This journey isn't an easy one to embark upon. But then we do have all of eternity to get things right.'
(Cyrus Rumi, 22/4/08, 23:35hrs)

San said...

Hi. I wandered over from Celine's (indicaspecies) place. Thank you for sharing the uplifting quote. And the photo of Macy in that ring of light is oh so lovely.