Friday, April 11, 2008

tapping into the universal energy



a view from Leslie's house



Why do people want to so desperately control others?

I ran into a situation today where someone tried
to manipulate me.
I ended up feeling bad for the person
.....just seeing the underlying control
drama.
I think he came from a place of fear
and wanting to feel safe and to be loved......because he is so controlled in his life...so confined...and that is not living your life...that is living someone else's life.

I think back to times when I wanted to control a situation
....or situations where
I have in the past unconsciously tried to gain someone's energy and realized what I was doing later...
and I know that I probably have more situations
that I haven't even realized
my unconscious desire to control.

It is an ego thing I know....and usually not conscious
when it is done.

I was able to not feel angry with the person
and let it go.....
but I am still not going to give away my power......or allow myself to be
manipulated by the
use of guilt in
order for someone to try to get what they want
....just so they can have the illusion of safety.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just be real with each other.
State our issues and fears openly and honestly instead of all the weird things we do to numb our fears and try to steal energy from others.
What if we all could come from the heart.....and trust?
What if we really tried to understand
and communicate with one another.

"You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I really do hope that one day
we can live as one....and humans can learn to gain energy from the universal source and not from other humans
( to inflate our egos)....whenever I go within
whether it is doing yoga or meditating,or some kind of creating
...or being out walking in nature....
In this moment right now, I have no desire to grasp at any of the ilusional/ego stuff......but other times, I don't feel that connection.
All I know is that I could never sell my soul again...No one can manufacture my happiness...that is an inside job....I have to be true to me....no one will ever dictate my work schedule
or my finances or my friends...my connections... ....I have no desire for that....I am uplifted by my connection with others,and when I am serving others or when I am creating something.....that connects me to something larger than the self....something larger than life here on this physical plane.
I hope that I never have the desire to try to manipulate
another soul to the point that they feel caged in.

The words love all, serve all come to mind.

Hope you like the lyrics below....this one nurse that I work with always brings in cds to listen to.......this is the lyrics from the one he brought in today.... see if you recognize it.......kinda goes with the topic. Love, Michele

"and as we wind on down the road. Our shadow taller than our soul. There walks a Lady we all know Who shines white light and wants to show. How everything still turns to gold. And if you listen very hard The tune will come to you at last. When all are one and one is all. To be a rock and not a roll."

any guess as to where this is from???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some people just are addicted to misery sweetie. You don't have to pull them out. They have to do it themselves. i have a friend like that. Nothing in life entranced him. He plodded from requirement to requirement without being engaged.

He seemed to have an instinct for making choices that would keep him at that same dutiful, empty level of existence. i like your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michele,
I'm currently reading Eckhart Tolle's 'A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose' and watching the free live webcast classes Oprah and he are offering. Even though the teachings are already familiar, I'm finding it a helpful reminder...how we are not our thoughts, we are the awareness behind our thoughts...and how so much of the way we act is a result of being unconscious...acting out of our personal and collective "pain bodies". Once we become aware of this it becomes easier to see why we suffer, and how ego has such a hold. Presence is the key...so hard, I know!

Love, Kristie

Michele B said...

thanks Kristie,
You are so kind.
I love your comments.
You know what? I bought that book and listened/watched the first class and really enjoyed it.
I just have not been able to keep up with it.
I am hoping they will leave those classes up online for a long time so I can really take the time to do it.
I can always use reminders to be here now!!
I am so glad you stumbled upon my blog......a kindred spirit.

Anonymous said...

Namaste Michele!!! :)

ps. Stairway to Heaven!

Michele B said...

yup!!!
You are right on with the song!!!
namaste!!!!

Anonymous said...

"Count no day lost in which you waited your turn, took only your share and sought advantage over no one."
by Robert Brault

Anonymous said...

“Freedom is our essential nature and only when we become a slave to the past do we become lost in our own maze of confusion.”
—Goethe