Tuesday, April 1, 2008

letting go

A friend of ours gave me this card. I liked it so much that I framed it.
It is very simple and to the point......and something I need to do more of.
I am learning to just let go....
read below.
love,
Michele



Author Unknown

To let go doesn't mean to stop caring;
It means I can't do it for someone else.
To let go is not to cut myself off...
It's the realization that I can't control another...
To let go is not to enable,
but to allow learning from natural consequences.
To let go is to admit powerlessness,
which means the outcome is not in my hands.
To let go is not to try and change or blame another,
I can only change myself.
To let go is not to care for, but to care about.
To let go is not to fix, but to be supportive.
To let go is not to judge,
but to allow another to be a human being.
To let go is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes,
but to allow others to affect their own outcomes.
To let go is not to be protective,
It is to permit another to face reality.
To let go is not to deny, but to accept.
To let go is not to nag, scold, or argue,
but to search out my own shortcomings and correct them.
To let go is not to adjust everything to my desires,
but to take each day as it comes and cherish the moment.
To let go is not to criticize and regulate anyone,
but to try to become what I dream I can be.
To let go is not to regret the past,
but to grow and live for the future.
To let go is to fear less and love more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"To let go is to fear less and love more...to take each day as it comes and cherish the moment..." I like these words...and I like your card too.

There is a saying I have that also speaks to me of letting go, "One doesn't discover new lands without consenting to lose sight of the shore for a very long time." by Andre Gide

I get a visual of sitting in a little boat and pushing myself off from the bank...letting go and trusting...where will the current take me?
Peace,
Kristie

Michele B said...

Hi Kristie,
I like that quote and I like that visual.
I think many times I am holding onto a branch on the side of the bank instead of jumping into the current and enjoying the ride.
For today, I am going to enjoy the ride!!!
thanks also for your kind words about my family on Cyrus's blog.
namaste,
Michele

Anonymous said...

Yes!! Woo hoooooo!!!!! And what a ride it will be!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your collection of photos on this blog. So much movement, color and creativity. Looking at them, I can't help but smile inside. You've inspired me to be more spontaneous with my own camera. I really need to liven up my mostly text-intensive blogs.

Michele B said...

Thank you Meredith......I am enjoying your blogs. You are a talented writer!!
Namaste,
Michele