Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Eliminate needlessly speaking ill of others

I am really trying to focus on the below.
I thought this would be easy....but now that I am more mindful of it
....I see where my words are not always
kind. I am trying though.

Namaste, Michele

ps...check out the results of the letter for the mysterious odot man.
(the comments)
click here: ODOT MAN
I hope he got word how grateful I am that he was there to help.


Even if you are “just joking,”
speaking ill of other people
feeds a dynamic
of hurt and nastiness which cannot nourish your spirit.
Laughing at the
expense of others,
especially those who may be suffering
or worse off than we are,
is truly a sad state of affairs.

When pressed, most of us would
instantly retract such statements,
and sincerely regret any hurt that was
caused.
Ideally, we will discipline ourselves
to speak in such a way that if someone quotes us tomorrow, we will feel no shame or regret.
This includes
eliminating gossip and nasty,
petty commentary regarding the appearance or
actions of others.
-Sharon Gannon

1 comment:

AutoDT said...

'When you truly experience the nature of life and existence, you will come to recognise that there is no point in bringing harm to others. In fact, you will become a source of light and beauty for others to experience and share.'
(Cyrus Rumi, 23/4/08, 23:50hrs)