Monday, January 5, 2009

Seize the day!!!


I made this collage with the kids at work.
hope you enjoy the note below...it is my results and Mira's.
Leave your random things in the commet box below (since this came from facebook and your can't tag people on here)
....I really enjoy reading others random things!!!.
Namaste,
Michele

25 Random Things...Now tag 25 people

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25
random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25
people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged
you, it’s because I want to know more about you.


1. I usually do not do these kind of chain letters, but this one was very
interesting to me. Maybe I should not be so quick to delete these kind of
things.

2. I met my husband in 1983 at a summer job at the Medina County court
house.
I was his secret admirer and would bake him brownies and stuff.....then I
took off for Ohio State and he would stop in and visit once in awhile my
freshman year.....he had already graduated from Ohio University.

3. I live on the same street that I grew up on.

4. I hated pop until I made myself drink it at age 16....I hate the
carbonation because it prickled my tongue.....our kids don't like pop
either....well Mira is starting to like it now at age 15....actually maybe
at age 14.

5. I am an only child and always wanted a bunch of siblings.

6. I live on the same road that I grew up on and have lived here in this house for 11 years. My parents live down the street and help us out a lot with the kids. My mom just told me that they would never move south until the kids are grown and in college....She said she would feel like she was missing out on so much...she loves all the action.

7. Omega Institute is my favorite place to vacation and we go there every
year for family week. well we have gone there for the last 7 years.

8. We built a log home on 7 1/2 acres in Medina and lived there for 5 years...but we moved because I did not like living out in the country without sidewalks....I felt too isolated.
I wonder if I would feel that way today.

9. Our oldest daughter, Mira, was born on new years day and we missed our tax deduction by 45 minutes....she was worth it though:)
Anyway, she was the first baby born in 1994 at Akron General and we were given some cool gifts by the hospital.

10. Our second child, Macy, was almost born on the highway....I did not get my epidural and our doctor did not make it to the hospital in time.

11. Our third child, Marko, was a big surprise to me. Mark found out at the ultrasound that he was a boy. The person doing the ultrasound typed him a note so he could know...and I did not want to know. He kept the secret the whole time and I thought he was a girl. I was so sure that my mom and I washed all of the pink clothes and had them hanging and ready in his nursery.

12. The only one to know that Marko was going to be a boy was our basset hound, Dudley and he kept the secret too.

13. I have a perception problem and can not read maps.

14. Our kids all will go to the same schools that I went to.
(elementary, middle school and high school)

15. I do yoga everyday...it helps me feel centered.

16. I want to work at the new hospice care center opening in Medina....but not sure that I will ACTUALLY apply...I really like the the child psychiatric nurse position that I have ( I am drawn to talk and listen to people) and the benefits and salary and flexible schedule probably will keep me where I am. I hate when I let Money rule my decisions....I love hospice and the whole philosophy.

17. I tend to talk too much and think too much.

18. I did not know that I could draw until I started drawing with Mira when she was 2 1/2....I am not the best artist but I love to draw..and I am always drawing with the kids at work. Someday I am going to take lessons.

19. I play the lap harp and would like to play it for hospice patients when I get better.

20. I have regrets how I treated some people as a young girl/teen....I have learned to forgive myself and I hope others have forgiven me.....I tell my kids all the time about the importance of kindness.

21. I am a beverage snob (as my husband calls me):I only like filtered or bottled water, good coffee (esp. Flavored coffee) and micro brew.

22. I only have one coat and my husband has like 10. I wore my last winter coat for about 7 years and my family called it "my red puffy coat." Mark and the kids bought me a new winter coat for Christmas.

23. I did not like the Grateful Dead until way after Jerry died. I wish I could have seen him perform.

24. I love tie-dye. Our bedroom is decorated in tie-dye and has orange walls.

25. We have a 1976 VW bus that we camp in ......in the summer.
We don't trust it to go very far so we only camp within an hour radius with the bus. I love camping and being outdoors.




Mira did this too:






25 Random Things...by Mira...(published with Mira's permission)

Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25
random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25
people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged
you, it’s because I want to know more about you.


1. my birthday is on january 1st! i was the first baby born in 1994 in the akron general hospital.

2. ive never been in the pacific ocean.

3. ill never eat salami or ice cream cake again on account of i threw up after eating them when i was 10.

4. my moms side of the family has a neighborhood named after them in brunswick because the property its on is on part of their old farm. All the street names are names of members of my family.

5. ive never seen a scary movie.

6. ive never needed braces or glasses.

7. i own about 10 or 11 tie dye shirts.

8. the first time i went to the movies alone i saw 'yours, mine, and ours.'

9. i started dancing when i was 7. so ive only been dancing 8 years.

10. ive only been out of the country once...and i walked.

11. ive known my best friend maxine for 14 years.

12. my first screen name was m5hippies in 3rd grade. i stopped using it because someone i didnt know talked to me and threatend me so i changed screen names.

13. my favorite teacher ive ever had was mr.wyemura.

14. i beat guitar hero on medium and easy!!

15. if i could, i would have a smoothie from smoothie king everyday.

16. i wish buelers sold their homemade ice cream year round. i live for that in the summertime. i like to ride my bike there so i can get a cone:)

17. i recently discoverd skinny jeans are sweett.

18. my new favorite store is forever 21. i got this cool pink zebra stiped bag there and ive loved it ever since.

19. i hate to think about death and dying. i wish everyone in my life could just live forever. i never want to live a day without them.

20. ive been to 7 concerts in my life. i think im going to grow up as a big concert person.

21. im pretty sure that i have ADD. i lose everything and can never remember what im supposed to do.

22. i have a sinus infection and right now i am currently trying to pop my clogged ears.

23. my dream is to live in italy some day. okayy maybe not live there but at least visit for a few months.

24. my favorite color is purple just like my dance team color:)

25. my favorite movie is juno. kate and i enjoy texting each other random juno quotes. me and annie also have a favorite juno quote ;D

No comments: