Saturday, January 10, 2009

slowing down to create and connect

some bumper stickers on my van





We are snowed in over here, but we are enjoying it. All of the kids' activities were canceled due to weather. sometimes it is nice to just do nothing. I have been thinking about the connection that I felt at the Hospice center.....and I think because they are on my time frame. If you don't know me, I am on "Jamacia time"...and that is what I found at the hospice center....people are in no particular rush....when it gets done, it gets done. No where to rush to, nothing pressing.......
I love all the art therapy there, and music therapy and meditation and pet therapy.
but the question comes to me...why do people wait to create art/music, and slow down for when they are dying??? me included....why don't I take more time to create and play my harp, just sit and visit with people and pet my dog?

Maybe this is a message for me to continue to indulge in these things.....because that is what connects me. I don't know...maybe I think too much.
I hope you like the quote below from the movie "Ghost" .....one of my all time favorites.
Namaste,
Michele
It's amazing, Molly. The love inside, you take it with you.
-Sam, from the movie Ghost

No comments: