Thursday, January 22, 2009

Warrior of Light

Macy took this picture last summer. I needed to reminded of the warmth:)



I have been struggling the past few days. The loss of two close friends to a long battle of cancer has really took it's toll on me. Not that I feel they are gone because I know the soul goes on, but I hurt for those they left behind.
My friend Sue left behind her only child...Evan who is 13 years old and she leaves behind a very loving and devoted husband.
My friend Robear left behind his only sibling, Linda. Their parents have already passed and she was saying that "there would be know one waiting for her" anymore when she comes home.

I have found comfort in two things that two different friends have said recently.
I would like to share them here because they brought me great comfort.

One is from my dear friend Sue Hudson when she was saying something to me about Robear's passing:
"Hey, Michele. You and I know that Robear is now in a place that is much purer than here. He is a part of the white light we all call on to help us through the hard times. He is a part of everything that is good. We love you."


and the other one was from my friend and kindred spirit, Paul. He wrote a note about how he feels his late wife, Donna's presence. Donna also died from a long battle with cancer.
"When I choose to immerse myself in other people, regarding their needs before my own is when Donna becomes very real to me, not just as a memory, but a very active presence.
Just as God relies upon us to manifest his love through our actions and interactions so too is Donnas love made known through my actions.
I believe I can feel her presence in this manner because I believe Donna exists all around me."

and those words have encourage me to go on about my path, to continue to have faith in the journey and to continue to try to serve others and be a better person. My friend Sue Rudo taught me so much about service to others. Even when she was feeling her worst and could not even drive anymore, she and I would go out and do good for others (by her suggestion of course)
One day last November, we went all over the place delivering things she wanted to donate...one place she took me was Malachi house....a place where the indigent can go to die.....it was such a beautiful place....Sue was so in the moment there....took time to hold a baby, talk to the therapy dog, time to donate carnation instant breakfast that she could not tolerate......that was what she was all about.......serving others.

hope you are having a great day.
and hope you enjoy the quote below:)
Namaste,
Michele


Warrior Of The Light Paulo Coelho

Every Warrior of the Light
has felt afraid of going into battle.

Every Warrior of the Light
has, at some time in the past, lied or betrayed someone.

Every Warrior of the Light
has trodden a path that was not his.

Every Warrior of the Light
has suffered for the most trivial of reasons.

Every Warrior of the Light
has, at least once, believed he was not a Warrior of the Light.

Every Warrior of the Light
has failed in his spiritual duties.

Every Warrior of the Light
has said 'yes' when he wanted to say 'no.'

Every Warrior of the Light
has hurt someone he loved.

That is why he is a Warrior of the Light,
Because he has been through all this
and yet has never lost hope of being better than he is.




No comments: